Friday, October 20, 2017

The Return

Recently, I was out of the country for 10 days.  It was the first time I had been that far from the comforts of Faribault, MN, and the first time I have been away from my wife, Tami, for that amount of time.

After the jet lag settled, Tami and I finally had time to process my return.  While out for dinner, Tami mentioned that I seemed different.  I went on to ask her what exactly she meant by that.  She responded by saying, you just seem so at peace, so calm.  You appear that no matter what happens, you have faith that God will guide you through.  Strangely as it seems, I had to agree.  While I was gone, something happened to me.  I was filled with a faith that was like no other.

That night, I really focused on Phillipians 4:6.  In that verse, we are told, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Man, this couldn't be any more true.  If we just spend time each day, thanking God for the things he has given us, and asking him for his hand in any troubles we would have, then we could stay more relaxed and just let faith guide us.



After we finished talking about my faith, I shared with her that I too felt a difference.  I told her, "Before I left, I thought I loved you as much as possible.  But now that I am home, I love you so much more."  It's something that you cannot explain but only feel.  Once you truly feel the loving hand of Jesus in our lives, we are able to love so much deeper.  There is so much more possible.



In 1 John 4:16 we are told, "So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us.  God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him."  We cannot be afraid to let Jesus guide our love.  Because of the time that I have spent with Him and felt His love, I am able to love much greater.  



If we let our love guide us and our faith comfort us, there is no telling to what differences we can make in our lives.  

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor


4 comments:

  1. So good!!! I love that He loves us enough to transform us. So glad you were able to spend time on this side of the globe with us. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie. Miss you guys and gals too. Feel free to share if you feel the desire. I am going to try to make this a regular thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word and encouragement, Jon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete