Sunday, January 15, 2017

Be the Light



BE THE LIGHT

This idea started for me during the Christmas season. We were given a message on Being the Light for someone else.  We were given the light at the end of service to serve as a reminder to us.

Then after the National Championship football game, Dabo Swinney, talked about "the light inside them shining brighter than the light shining on them."

In Matthew 5:16 we are told, "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

What is this "light" that everyone keeps talking about?  It keeps throwing itself into my life and projecting itself to me.  But what does it mean?   What does it mean specifically for me?  

In my previous post, I talked about what 2017 means to me.  We are all given to us a purpose, a meaning in life.  That purpose resides in me, in each one of us.  That purpose gives us a meaning. It is the light within each of us.  But just like any other light, the light needs some juice to shine.  It cannot shine without it being turned on.  Once that light is turned on, it is seen by others we come in contact with.  They can use your light as navigation.  You can be there light.  

It can be little things or it can be big things.  Be the good in someone's life, shine your light on other's.  Let them walk in your light.  Before you know it, their own light will be shining and making a difference in others' lives.

Still today, I walk around with that light in my pocket as a reminder to "Be the Light." (Just have to be careful because lights can break, but the reminder is more significant for me.)  But it's not that light that is trying to do good.  It has to be direct and intentional.  You too can be the light.  Today's message was "Yearn for More".  What this message meant to me, was to yearn for more for myself, but also to yearn for more for everyone that you may come in contact with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment