Monday, January 30, 2017

Gratitude

Gratitude - noun. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

Today is my birthday and this is the one word that comes to mind today.  I have much to be thankful for.  I have three children that are all excelling in their chosen majors and are becoming the best versions of themselves that they can be.  All three are making exceptional grades, working part-time jobs, and enjoying the good times of college years while making responsible life choices.  All three are pushing themselves in majors that are not the easiest. 

I can be thankful for having a job, a roof over my head, a loving wife and a dog that loves me unconditionally.  I can be thankful for all my family that I love with all my heart.  I can be thankful to all my social media friends that took time out of their busy lives to wish me a happy birthday.  

I have so much to be thankful for, but the other part of gratitude is the readiness to return kindness.  I try to take time to thank every single person that wishes me well wish and thank them.  To me, that is more important.  I want them to know that I am heartfelt thankful for the wishes.

Now let's spin this a little.  Let's think of a world where everyone lives with gratitude.  Where everyone is ready to give kindness, and then ready to return kindness.  God tells us that each and everyone of us is made in His likeness.  So then, why is there so much hate and anger in the world?  Why can't this world rally in kindness?  

You may ask what is there to be thankful for.  For one, the fact that you are able to read this for gives you so many thing to be thankful for.  You are alive.  You are able to read.  You have means for social media.  Life's too short to look at what we don't have when we can be grateful for what we do have.  


Stay positive and be a living example of gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment